your check-in process, we need to receive your registration form and your insurance information prior to your procedure date. If not received, the Pre-Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service.
You may fax your registration form to 406-248-6889, attention Pre-Registration Department. The Pre-Registration Department direct line is 406-248-7186.
A Preoperative Nurse will call you the day before your surgery to collect information about your health to expedite your admission process. The Preoperative Nurse will also review special instructions and answer any questions you may have. If you have not received a call by 2:00 p.m. the day before your surgery or if you have additional questions, please call us at 406-248-7186.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Return to Top
Food and Drink
Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery unless otherwise instructed by a healthcare professional.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery. If you are having hand surgery and have artificial nails, they must be removed prior to your surgery as well as fingernail polish.
If you are having foot surgery, toenail polish must be removed prior to your surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Return to Top
Notify the Center & Your Surgeon If:
• You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
• If you or any immediate family member has a history of Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) notify the center at 406-248-7186 or your physician immediately. For more information see MRSA infection.
• You suspect you may be pregnant.
• You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 406-248-1786 as soon as possible.
Return to Top